Sunday, January 16, 2011

Games, Games, and More Games
We are quite the game-playing family. We added some new games to our collection over the holidays and got to play some new ones while we were out and about. We've started a new practice of having game time most evenings before bedtime. We take turns picking games to play or things to do and then we do it together as a family - with all the technology unplugged.
Here we are playing Mouse Trap. I won this particular night!Here we are playing cars one night. One night we played football - everyone against daddy. And here we are doing a craft - transportation stickers! Woo Hoo!
Tonight was daddy's choice - and he decided to have us do a Reader's Theater. We all practiced our lines and then we acted out the "Three Billy Goats Gruff". Sam was the little billy goat, I was the medium billy goat, and mommy was the big billy goat. Daddy was the troll. We video taped it but mommy can't find where it went on the computer when we uploaded it. We'll post it later.
Sam Alert: Hey everybody! As usual - a couple of super cute pics of me from the week. Here I am playing football against dad.
And here I am playing our new Loopin' Louie game. Mommy had to track this one down on eBay and win a tight bidding race to get it. I LOVE it!
By the way - mommy thought that I should write down one of my current favorite things to say . . . . "I'm freezing a little bit". I say it all the time. Darn this cold winter! I'm ready for spring. See you next week.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Looks like you guys have so much fun playing games. We like playing games too. They are some of the funnest things to do. I like the idea of the storybook acting. That is awesome.