Sunday, October 03, 2010

Our B I G Day Out

Wow - talk about a nice warm, summer-like week! We tried to make the most of it and enjoy lots of time outdoors.

For our mommy/boys night out this week, the boys chose the Dinosaur Museum again for "Pumpkins Please". We made pumpkin hats and went on a pumpkin scavenger hunt through the museum. Super fun!We did some art projects - we just can't get enough of painting. The messier the better!Then, on Friday, we had a B I G day out - daddy and mommy both took the day off and they surprised us with a ride on the Heber Valley Railroad. The fall leaves were out and the day was beautiful and warm. Trains are the best! Look at some of the pretty pictures of the fall colors that daddy took:
Such a pretty day!The boysAnd, as always, a quick trip down to the river to throw rocks during the train stop at Vivian Park. Trains and rocks . . . that is a great day!And the other sign of a great day . . . . exhaustion. This is what the back seat looked like on the way home. And today, we went with daddy up to the cemetery to take flowers to Grandma June's grave. He had a vase put in so that we could put flowers in it whenever we want. It turned out great! (PLEASE don't judge us - yes, we are in pajamas out in public in the middle of the day! What can we say . . . it was a slow, relaxing day around the house!)
Sam Alert: Hey everyone . . . we are loving the warm weather. And I really really loved the train ride. I had the best time!Here's one more picture of me from this week - nap time. I'm such a silly sleeper! Sam out.

1 comment:

Summer Days said...

Very cute pumpkin hats!!!