Sunday, December 06, 2009

On the First Week of December . . . .
Our parents gave to us . . . . (ok sing along with us here - you know . . . On the First Day of Christmas . . .)
1 - A yummy dinner out for mommy's birthday. She was too "shy" to sit on the saddle while the restaurant staff embarrassed her so I volunteered to do it. I wouldn't smile for the picture because "I was having too much fun". Mom you owe me big time!!!
And for sitting on the saddle, I got to keep the cowboy hat. How cool is that! Happy anniversary of your 29th birthday mommy! She says that I can't count high enough to know how many anniversaries it is.Here's Sam with the hat. He cracks us up!2 - Zelf the Elf. Zelf is one of Santa's elves that has come to stay with us for the month before Christmas. He watches us during the days and then flies back to the North Pole at night to report to Santa. Every morning we find him in a new spot around the house. We like Zelf - and we sure hope he has good things to say about us to the Big Guy!3 - A day at the Festival of Trees. Mommy took a day off from work this week to take us to the festival with our friends Lu, Bart, Beau, and Amber. We had a fabulous time! The first thing that we did was head over to meet up with Santa. The festival organizers now "Fast Pass" a visit with Santa - so we made an appointment and then got to bypass the long line to jump right up on his lap. Ok - I jumped right up . . . Sam . . . not so much. Mommy warned Santa that Sam wouldn't be very happy. But we snapped the picture anyway to document how both Sam and I am growing up. I did finally get up enough nerve to talk to Santa and tell him a few of the things I think I might like for Christmas. He's a pretty nice, jolly old fella!We love the Small Fry area of the festival. I fished for candy - I'm pretty darn good at this one! I didn't waste any time - just stepped right up, cast my line in, and pulled out a fish. Yum!I made a Snowman bag and a furry pom pom critter. And Sam and I choose Elf wands. Love 'em!4 - The lights at Thanksgiving Point. On Friday night we decided to drive down to Thanksgiving Point to see the lights there. It was a super cold night but we hurried and jumped out of the car (without our coats on even) to take a quick picture.Then we got to see some of Santa's reindeer after we drove through the lights. I'm pretty sure this one is Donner. Sam thinks the other one that was there (not pictured) is Dancer. That's us on the far side of the fence. We put our coats, hats, and mittens on for this part since we stayed outside for awhile. Brrrr!

3 comments:

Summer Days said...

Mason -
Don't let your Mom fool you, you can count to 15. I could have said 20 but then that would just be mean and I'm not that mean of a little sister

Kat said...

Happy Birthday Thalea! It looks like it was a ton of fun. :) You guys have lots of fun happening with Christmas. I'm sure it will keep continuing.

Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday Thalea! Looks like you had a nice birthday.