The Countdown to the BIG Day!
As you all know - Christmas day arrives on a Friday this year. That leaves a whole bunch of days to fill with fun activities for the family. Daddy has been off from school/work since Monday and mommy only worked part of Monday and then we're all home until after New Year's day.
So much time . . . so many fun things to do to keep two boys busy and out of trouble.
We decided to go to Temple Square on Monday night - a very, very busy night in downtown Salt Lake. It was also incredibly cold and Sam decided he didn't want to wear mittens . . . so after literally running through all the displays and lights and warming up in the various buildings, we ran back to the car and headed back home. It was very pretty though!
And very foggy/hazy - but that made for a really cool picture.
We made dry ice "fog" on Tuesday. This is a really fun science experiment that we like to do with daddy. Thanks to Uncle Carl and Aunt Francine for supplying the dry ice!
Here is Sam's first solo sledding trip. Look at the concentration on his face. Believe it or not he loves to sled but the only time he smiles is at the bottom of the hill after a successful slide. 
Who needs a sled when you know how to roll?
Here we are sledding down the hill. I think that Sam prefers not to see where I am steering the sled. Dad says, "It's a good thing that there are no trees on the hill!" I don't know what trees and gray hair have to do with each other but dad says they are connected.
Here I am going solo while dad and Sam race me down the hill. I love going solo. 

Here is our last run. Dad went solo this time while mommy drove us boys. No surprise, without a expert driver like myself at the helm they both crashed and Sam and I both did a face plant. Blahhh... I hope that wasn't yellow snow!
What a fun day on the hill!!!
After lunch and a nap we went bowling. I almost beat mom and dad again. I am getting pretty good at this game now. 
Sam Alert!.......
What a fun day on the hill!!!

Sam Alert!.......
I can't get enough of the Christmas Train. I have trained dad well! (No pun intended, maybe, ha....ha.) I take dad by the finger and lead him to the train and he knows what to do. We just lie down together and watch the train. I find it very relaxing as I wave to the passengers.
Here I am bowling. I am pretty good too, at least when dad actually aims correctly. I think I would beat everyone if dad would get new glasses. I love it when I am included and treated like a big boy.
Here I am bowling. I am pretty good too, at least when dad actually aims correctly. I think I would beat everyone if dad would get new glasses. I love it when I am included and treated like a big boy.

2 comments:
Sam Sam is the California Boy...We don't need no stinkin mittens!!!
Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a blast. It sounds like you are all having a great Christmas. The boys are growing up so fast. :)
Post a Comment