A Working Vacation
What a fun week! I went on a working vacation with mommy last week. She had a week full of meetings in San Diego so . . . she and I packed up our stuff and flew in to Long Beach last Sunday. Aunt Jen Jen picked us up and we spent the day with family - Grandpa and Grandma G., Great Grandma G., and Uncle Michael and Aunt Jen Jen. We had a yummy dinner and then drove down to our hotel in San Diego.

We spent the week just hanging out at the hotel - watching movies, eating, swimming, and haunting the local Barnes & Noble bookstore. We went to Old Town for some yummy mexican food and basically just relaxed while mommy went to her meetings.
Thursday was an early out day for mommy so we got to go to Sea World. Lots of fishes and other animals and a super great play area for kids just like me. We fed the seals and sea lions - they were noisy!
The rides in the play area were fun - Flying Fish, a Twirling Eel, and Starfish that went around in circles. I couldn't get enough of the flying fish though! We even found a place with huge, soft building blocks that I could knock down.
Thursday was an early out day for mommy so we got to go to Sea World. Lots of fishes and other animals and a super great play area for kids just like me. We fed the seals and sea lions - they were noisy!
The rides in the play area were fun - Flying Fish, a Twirling Eel, and Starfish that went around in circles. I couldn't get enough of the flying fish though! We even found a place with huge, soft building blocks that I could knock down.
We watched Shamu - he is HUGE! We sat in just the perfect spot so that we didn't get wet, but could still see him up close and personal.

Then after mommy's meetings were over on Friday, we drove back to Aunt Jen Jen's. On Saturday we went to Disneyland - my very first trip. I wanted to see Mickey and to ride the Autopia cars (over and over and over).

Mickey was the only character that I got to shake hands with - we saw lots of others - Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear . . . but they were always on the move. Toon Town and Fantasyland were my favorites. Mommy says we didn't even come close to seeing all of Disneyland - perfect, new stuff for next time.

All in all, it was a great trip. Of course, I shared my cold with mommy and Aunt Jen Jen while we were there. But it was fun to spend time with family . . . .
. . . . and to play!
This is me on the flight home. Mommy says it was the longest flight she has ever been on - it probably didn't help that I got sick . . . twice!
Thanks Aunt Jen Jen for hanging out with me!
Sam Alert: Hey there - it was sure a quiet week around here with mommy and Mason gone. I wish I could have gone too, but I stayed home to keep daddy company. Mason brought me my very own Mickey Mouse and gave it to me with a big hug and kiss! I think he and mommy missed me and daddy!
Sam Alert: Hey there - it was sure a quiet week around here with mommy and Mason gone. I wish I could have gone too, but I stayed home to keep daddy company. Mason brought me my very own Mickey Mouse and gave it to me with a big hug and kiss! I think he and mommy missed me and daddy!
3 comments:
And even though you did share your cold with me, I had a fun time hanging out with you. Can you believe that that was MY first trip to Sea World and I've lived here all my life!!! OH and I had a fun time hanging with your Mom too!!
Wow Mason! Looks like you had a really fun week at Sea World, San Diego and Disneyland!!!
Wow! What a fun trip. I love Sea World. That would be a blast to go there and Disneyland. Lucky you! I bet Sam and Daddy missed you guys like crazy. LOL
Post a Comment