Sunday, August 24, 2008

Samuel's Party


Daddy and mommy have been promising us that we were going to have a party for Sam this weekend to welcome him to the family. They didn't disappoint! We started by doing some house cleaning and getting things ready. I was a good helper.

Sure enough, various family members started showing up and by Saturday we had enough people around for a big party. Grandpa and Grandma G. and Aunt Jen Jen came up from California. Grandpa and Grandma L., Uncle Noley & Aunt Chris, lots of my cousins, and our neighbors all got together to welcome Sam. This is a picture of daddy with Sam. He says the tie is flipped to avoid a stain . . . . .

After Sam's baby blessing, we had a big lunch. This is a picture of me . . . stains and all!
This is me and some of my cousin's on my mommy's side. I'm still learning names but let's see if I get them all right - Josh, Shalee, Gabriel, Abby, Brenna, Samuel, and me!
I was also a good helper with the clean-up. Aunt Jen snapped this picture of me and Uncle Noley doing the sweeping. (Someday I'm afraid that the proof of all this helping will come back to haunt me somehow . . . as in the parents will expect it from me!)


This is a picture of my Aunt Jen Jen with baby Sam. She had to fly home right away but we're super glad that she came!

This is mommy and Samuel. Even with all the sibling rivalry, I can honestly say . . . Welcome to the family baby Sam!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Welcome to the family little guy! I have to say you are all looking great! Your mom looks great! Happy party!

Kat said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I tagged you on my blog. :) He he he.

Heather said...

Aww, it looks like Sam had a BIG welcome to the family! Looks like it was a great day. What a blessing Sam is (and you too Mason). I guess it's Jack's turn to be blessed!