We just finished spending a week in Colorado for our summer vacation. Get ready for an adventure!
This is how I spent the first 8 hours - driving in the car. A guy can never get enough of TONKA trucks!
This is mom and me standing in front of a pink dinosaur - she has assured me there really are not pink dinos out there. Whooooo - what a relief!
Believe it or not . . . this is my first time fishing.
Look at the whopper I caught. Fortunately there's no picture of my tantrum when daddy decided to practice "catch and release" without my permission. And yes - I'm kissing my fish!
We also got to swim - in a BIG BIG pool. Talk about fun!
The next day we went for a train ride. I LOVE trains! They're big; they rumble; and they makes lots of noise!
Here is evidence that I actually got to ride on the train. ALL ABOARD!
The train went over a HUGE bridge. I loved looking down in to the river but mommy closed her eyes while we went over the bridge. What a wimp!!!A
fter the train ride I got to walk around and see all the other engines. I pretended that I was one. Choo Choo!
Oh - and I got to swim again. What a lucky guy I am!
We got to go hiking a bunch in Rocky Mountain National Park.
We saw rivers and a waterfall and beaver ponds and BIG mountains.
Oh yeah - we got to swim again.
During our vacation we saw lots of wild animals. If you know my daddy - seeing wildlife is the whole purpose of any trip. The really cool animal that we got to see was a BEAR - yes, you read that right - a BEAR! We didn't get a picture of it though. He got scared of us and ran away before we could get the camera out.
We saw small animals - like this cool catepillar that I got to play with.
We also got to see some pretty geese.
Have you ever seen a muskrat? I have - it lived in the pond right by the place that we stayed.
We found this "cute" little dear hiding while we were hiking one day. (Yes - I use the word cute, all the time even though it makes daddy cringe.)
We found a big herd of elk - lots of baby and mommy elk.
We even got to see a baby elk having lunch. We also saw a bunch of bull elk as well, but it was too dark for a picture of them.
We ran into a group of 4 bull moose which mommy says are her favorite. These two were HUGE!
You guessed it - we went swimming some more.
For a little guy, I sure wasn't even remotely interested in sleeping on vacation. Every once in awhile, mommy and daddy would catch me with my eyes closed - I promise I was just checking my eyelids for holes.
If you are a Mason's Memos fan, you know that I love cars under appliances. No trip would be complete without some car fishing!
Oh yeah - I almost forgot - we got to swim some more.
Here I am driving the luggage cart. I'm so good that I never hit a wall. Daddy can vouch for me - and no, when I shared my ice cream, that was not a bribe.
This is me on the car ride home - I think my lack of sleep - - or as I like to think of it . . . abundance of fun - - caught up with me. Happy trails until our next adventure!
WAIT A SECOND - Don't go . . . this is a "SAM ALERT". . . finally, Mason fell asleep and now I can show you better pictures of our vacation that Mason conveniently left off.
Here is a picture of the handsome one in the family (no offense dad).
Here I am with mommy on our train ride. Trust me - we're on the train, but mom wouldn't let me out of her bear hug as we went over the bridge.
Here we are on one of our hikes to Adam's Falls.
And you guessed it - we spent some time at the pool. And trust me, I didn't pee in the pool - at least as far as anyone knows.
And finally, this is me on our drive home - who needs a nap??? Not me - I've learned to pace myself.
Be on the lookout for more "SAM ALERTS"!
2 comments:
How fun! I love all the pictures of your trip. What a great getaway. I can understand the "abundance of fun" and checking for holes in the eyelids. Swimming is the BEST! LOL. :) Sam is growing up to be such a cutie! Mason, you are one too, but I can't believe how big you both are getting. Time truly flies when you are having fun.
Looks like you guys had a great time in Colorado! Lots of fun in the great outdoors!!!
Post a Comment