Sunday, June 21, 2015

Farming, Mermaids, & a Happy Father's Day

We've had a great week!  
We started out setting our summer goals - a little reading, school work, piano practice, house jobs, etc. every week.  
Finding me reading a book isn't hard to do - I'm always reading.

Then we went to Farm Camp this week.  A local farmer near our house runs a farm camp - 4 fun packed days of learning what it is like to run a farm.
On the last day, our parents got to come over and take a tour.  
We had sooooo much fun!!!

There were tractors and farm machines.

There were animals - this is Peanut Butter, the goat.  She is so friendly and nice.

There were chickens - - lots and lots of chickens.  At first we weren't all that excited about the chickens, but we learned to like them.


We did some planting - pumpkins.  

And we get to go back in the fall and harvest our pumpkins.  We can't wait.  
It was a great week at Farm Camp - we're begging to go back!

Then we got to go see The Little Mermaid.  It was an excellent production!

Here we are "under the sea".

And we did a lot of playing around this week.  We talked dad into building a huge train play set for us.  And he came through in a huge way!

We've spent a lot of time this weekend playing with the trains.

He used nearly all of our train stations and our tracks.  This makes for hours and hours and hours of endless fun!

And then it was Father's Day.  We sure do love our dad - we love that he loves to play with us and that he teaches us how to fix things.  

Happy Father's Day daddy!

Sam Alert:  Hey everybody - Sam here.  Mason and I decided to each pick a weekend breakfast and be in charge of cooking that meal for the summer.  I picked Sunday mornings.  I love to watch cooking shows with mom and I chose this morning's menu of Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs and Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits.  
It turned out to be one of the very best breakfasts we've ever had!  In fact, I loved the parfaits so much, I literally licked my cup clean!
I sort of love this cooking thing!  I've been researching recipes and have quite a few lined up for the next weeks.  Stay tuned!

Ok - Sam out.  Have a great week!

No comments: