We got to go to Southern California right after Christmas Day. We love flying on airplanes and those planes make it such a quick trip.
Reading and playing games on the iPads help to keep us busy on the flight.
It was sunny and warm (to us anyway . . . everyone there thought it was cold)!
We're just kicking back, relaxing and waiting for our ride.
We went to visit family, especially Grandma G. who hasn't been feeling well. We had to put on gowns and gloves to visit her in the hospital. The goal was to keep us from giving our germs to her.
She got to come home from the hospital while we were there - she had to come home by ambulance though. And the EMTs were nice enough to let us explore the ambulance before they went back to work.
Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Michael made us a yummy Sunday dinner. This is what everyone looked like after dinner. Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy!
We took some time out from helping at the house to go play at the beach one afternoon.
It was a beautiful day!
We had a lot of fun chasing the waves.
And we had a lot of fun getting wet.
Sam and I had a grand time!
Dad did some amazing sea shell collecting too. It was a great afternoon!
A quick, slightly crooked family photo.
Here we are in front of Grandpa and Grandma's house before we left.
And check out what the front of our house looked like when we got home - lots of snow. What a big difference!
We had a small celebration for New Year's. We had a yummy dinner out and then did some toasting for our New Year's wishes.
And of course, there was the traditional party hats and noise makers. Boy can we make a lot of noise!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - I had an enjoyable trip to California. It is always nice to see family. I especially liked our trip to the beach.
I even did some "jumping for joy".
Oh - and here is some proof about exactly how smart I am. Mason and I carried our car seats to California. On the shuttle bus from the parking lots to the airport (and back) I was smart enough to think of actually sitting on our seats. All the other families were just carrying their car seats - why not sit on them? Everyone was pretty amazed at my bright idea.
He he he!
Ok - Sam out. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment