This is definitely not turning out to be a typical December. We're having such warm, warm weather it seems like October. But we're filling the month with Christmasy activities . . . and still enjoying the warm weather, so it works out just perfect.
We went out to see some Christmas lights . . . and ended up having a yummy dinner and seeing some reindeer, but no lights. We'll try for the lights again soon. This is Dancer - reindeer are so cool.
Sam and I have been doing a lot of reading. We made a little reading nest in the upstairs hallway and hung out there for an afternoon.
On Saturday we went to the Christkindlmarkt (a German Christmas Market) up at This is the Place State Park. It was so much fun. We got to see Santa and visit with him for a few minutes.
There were reindeer there as well. This guy was one of the bigger reindeer we've seen.
Then there was the March of the Gnomes. We LOVE gnomes - they are they best. In Germany, gnomes are celebrated for their knowledge, wisdom, and cheerfulness.
Here come the gnomes.
And here we are - in the middle of the parade.
We ended the market with some great little purchases and the very best German sausages, sauerkraut, and grilled onions you can find! Super duper yummy! Who knew we loved German food - oh, the hot potato salad was amazing too!
Then we did some celebrating of the arrival of 1st term report cards.
You should all be glad that you know us - it's not just the gnomes that have knowledge and wisdom.
Here's the breakdown on the report cards:
Sam - Out of 10 graded subjects, his lowest mark was 97%. Straight A's all the way.
Mason - Out of 10 graded subjects, my lowest mark was 93%. Straight A's all the way.
Our school is tough and so are we!
We also spent some time doing more yard work. This is nearly our last pile of leaves for the year. In other words - there's always leaves to be raked up - but this is the last of the super big piles to be cleaned up.
And because it was close to 60 degrees this weekend, we took advantage of the weather and played some ball. Sam loves basketball . . . .
. . . . and I love me some football!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - It's Sam. I'm just lounging around waiting for mom to get ready one morning. Just waiting . . . and waiting . . .
And here I am after finishing some ice cream - I got some seriously great grades this term. My teacher says that I am "friendly and enthusiastic". Yep - that describes me to a "T".
And here I am demonstrating my cartwheel skills. I can land it on two legs, standing. I'm also turning in to quite the jump roper and my skipping is, hands down, the very best. Just watch me - I skip everywhere, all the time.
Sam out - have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment