Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Week of Mason Begins


More on the Week of Mason in a moment . . . but first up, a few activities we participated in earlier this week. We spent a little time at a local Arts Festival recently and came across this fun Old Western Photo set. They dressed us all up and we had some pictures taken. The dressing up was the absolute best part! Oh, and the pictures turned out good too. Here is one of the pics.



There was some playing in the park - check out this super tall slide.We made a trip to the Dinosaur Museum. We finally got a picture with the woolly mammoth - he is mommy's favorite!Then there was a trip to our favorite sandwich shop for dinner one night when mommy had to work late. The special prize inside my kids meal was some Green Lantern stuff. It made eating dinner extra tasty. And the green lantern glasses, ring, and bracelet made me extra sleepy afterwards.We did some arts and crafts - bird house painting.And then . . . the Week of Mason began. And what a week it promises to be! We decided that I should have a whole birthday week instead of just one day. So Saturday, I got some birthday balloons and got to open my presents from dad, mom, and Sam. I wanted "Thomas the Train" things for my birthday this year - and that's what I got. Thomas balloons, Thomas trains and stations, Thomas coloring books, Thomas movies, etc. I also got a Home Depot gift card from Aunt Jen Jen & Uncle Michael. I can't wait to go shopping.And then on Sunday, we were supposed to be headed to Uncle Noley's cabin for another celebration but with the cold weather and rain, we moved the celebration to our house. We celebrated both my birthday and Father's day. Daddy surprised me with another fabulous birthday cake - Thomas-themed of course.Here I am with my cake. It's getting harder to blow out all the candles with just one puff.
We managed to sneak in some family pictures.And here's one with the "men" of the family.Watch for more from the "Week of Mason" in a few days.


Sam Alert: Hey everybody - Sam here. I have two cute pics of me from the week.



First up - me painting my bird house. It turned out perfect - just like I wanted . . . a little on the 70's side.And here I am with some frosting face. You can't eat frosting with a utensil, in my humble opinion - just get right in there face and all!Sam out - have a great week!

2 comments:

Kat said...

You and your family seriously have the funnest things to do. :) I hope Mason had a blast with his week of celebrations. Both of the boys are getting so big! Especially Sam!

Brooke Carroll said...

Sounds SO fun. What great pictures! Love it!!! Your boys are so cute, and getting SO BIG. :-)