Now That's How You Spend a Week!
Ah - now this was a much better week than last week. Even with a full week of work and school, we were able to squeeze in some great times and fun activities.
First up - - just a little preview . . . I'm going to be playing on a local soccer team this fall. I'm WAY excited! I've got my shin guards and the socks, shorts, and team jersey are ordered. Now all I need are my cleats and I'll be ready to go. I've always loved soccer - this should be super fun!
Sam had his last of the big medical tests this week - an endoscopy. He did fabulous. And all the results came back negative - - so we finally know there is nothing structurally wrong and that there are no big, bad, scary diseases keeping him from gaining weight. All of the doctors and nurses called him a
"Superstar Patient". He doesn't cry or flinch or even whimper with all the poking and prodding they've done. He's a stud! Now if he would just eat and gain weight!
"Superstar Patient". He doesn't cry or flinch or even whimper with all the poking and prodding they've done. He's a stud! Now if he would just eat and gain weight!
Wednesday night was our local bike parade with the kids from our church. The fire truck and paramedic truck from the fire station near our house led the parade from church to the park. Here I am riding my bike. I was a little nervous so daddy stayed right by my side. And then . . . . I had a tire blow-out! (OK - one of my training wheels fell off.) So I ended up walking the last of the way while daddy carried my bike. But it sure was fun!
Here's me and Sam in front of the fire engine. Sam was most excited about being so close to a firetruck!
We had a great dinner at the park and then got to play on the playground.
Then on Friday night the boys went up to the cabin. We got to have a sleepover at the cabin while mommy and our friend Alyson had a girl's night out. Here is the mommy moose with her baby moose having a drink at the moose water trough. They were so much fun to watch.
Then on Friday night the boys went up to the cabin. We got to have a sleepover at the cabin while mommy and our friend Alyson had a girl's night out. Here is the mommy moose with her baby moose having a drink at the moose water trough. They were so much fun to watch.
Mommy came up to the cabin Saturday morning after breakfast. We played games and just had a nice, relaxing day.
We also had our regular pancake throwing contest. Daddy had the great idea to let the leftover breakfast pancakes dry out and harden up a little. They flew like frisbees! Both Sam and I won a prize - I got "farthest" and Sam got "shortest".
Moose . . . deer . . . elk? You guess!
Sam Alert: Howdy y'all. Sam here. Everything is going well with us. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment this week.
We also had our regular pancake throwing contest. Daddy had the great idea to let the leftover breakfast pancakes dry out and harden up a little. They flew like frisbees! Both Sam and I won a prize - I got "farthest" and Sam got "shortest". Here I am hatching a little basketball. I crack me up!
Here I am at bedtime. Why wouldn't my parents let me go to bed this way?And as always . . . I end the post with yet another incredibly cute picture of me! Have a great week everybody!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that everything is ok with the little guy. Tests are no fun. It sounds like the parade was a blast! That is cool about the fire truck. :) Congrats with the soccer thing too!
Post a Comment