Bowling, Biking, Discovering, and Enjoying
Why is it that summer is flying by so fast? There is so much to do and so little time. We had a fun-filled week again. It started with a great Monday night activity - Bowling. It has been a few months since we bowled but it didn't take long for us to get right back in the "strike" of things. Here are the boys getting their strikes on.

The scores speak for themselves = I bowled a 172, daddy scored 158, and Sam got a 117. Fun, fun, fun!
Our tradition is that the winner buys ice cream for the family - well my piggy bank isn't full enough to buy ice cream so mommy and daddy spotted me some change and we stopped for yummy chocolate dipped cones.
I hope Sam knows when he bites napkin.
I've been working really hard on getting strong enough to ride my bike all by myself this summer. I am proud to announce that I am officially an INDEPENDENT BIKE RIDER! Yes, I still have training wheels on, but I can go and go and go!
Then we had another excellent all-day adventure . . . it started with a ride on the Trax train. This is our city's version of a light rail train. It was sooooo much fun.
Then when our stop finally came along, we hopped off the train and went in to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. We played with balls (for a really long time!)
And we played in the water table.
We met up with some chickens on the "farm" and gathered up their eggs.
We played in the "market" - loved the cash register!
Made good use of the "Filling Station" - Sam filled up the car with gas.
And I pumped some air into the tires.
Then we found the super cool helicopter out on the balcony. I was in heaven! The parents could barely get me out of here. Only the promise of an incredibly yummy lunch at ZTejas did the trick. We had a really fun day.
Just a couple of fun pictures of Sam and me shaving with dad. It's been so great having him home with us this summer!
Our home pre-schooling has been going really well. Sam and I love learning new things. I'm starting to spell and even read a few words. Sam's vocabulary is really picking up - even if we're the only ones who can understand him. Here we are doing ice treasures one afternoon this week. Mommy hid some new fun animals in the ice for us this time.
We caught up on a little "boring housework" and some yard work too this week. You have to get up early to help daddy with the yard work. He says if we wait too long it will be too hot to do it. Here we are working in our jammies.
Sam Alert: Howdy y'all - Sam here.I've been enjoying some time biking too. Fortunately for me, my legs aren't long enough to reach the pedals yet so I get a little help getting around from mom and dad. But I love it!
People always ask if Mason and I get along well. The answer is . . . sometimes yes and sometimes no. It's not easy being the little brother! But sometimes he really steps up and helps a little guy out. Here he is helping me put my shoes on - mommy didn't even have to ask him to do it. Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment