Dinos and Tulips and Snow?
So on April 30th this is what we woke up to - - - 3 inches of snow. Is it spring or winter? Where did that come from? Well at least we didn't have to do yard work this weekend.
We had lots of fun this week . . . . making Play Doh cars/trains/helicopters.
We went to the library and got some new books - they had a whole row of Thomas the Train books - fantastic!
Here's a darn cute picture of me in my church clothes.

Here's a darn cute picture of me in my church clothes.And here's a picture of me that no parent really wants to see. This is me in the Principal's office. Mrs. Call is daddy's boss and she was in her office on Friday afternoon - I walked right on in and sat and visited with her. She's a very nice lady - why are people so nervous to go in to her office?
Then on Saturday we decided to go down to Thanksgiving Point and visit the dinosaurs. We love having a pass this year. And I'm sure the dinos love seeing us all the time. There really weren't very many people there for a Saturday morning. So we got to enjoy some quality time at the sand/water table.
Here's Sam hanging out with a dino leg.
And here we are with our favorite baby dinosaur.
It seems we always find something new to see every time we go to the museum. I know this guy has been hanging out on this limb for a long time, but we thought he needed a picture with us on this visit.
And we always love seeing the Megalodon - giant shark. Here we are with a side view of him.
From the dinos we headed over to the Tulip Festival in the Gardens. It was raining off and on but we made it all the way through before it really started coming down again.
I rolled down the big long hill again this year. I love doing that. Sam didn't want to roll down but he made it all the way down without falling. Then it was so steep going back up that he crawled all the way to the top - but he did it all by himself. Good job Sam!
The tulips were pretty this year, but they didn't seem to be quite as colorful as last year. Maybe it was the snow and wind and rain that had been pounding them all week.
Here are the boys feeding the fish. They sure are bright and colorful!
And for your viewing pleasure - tulips!
One of the really cool things this year was a nesting Canadian Goose. You can see her sitting on her nest in the photo on the left. Then look hard at the photo on the right - can you see her?
And just one cliff over there was a nesting owl with two little owlets. It was too cold and windy for the little guys to be out but you can see mom on the nest keeping them warm. Again - look at the photo on the right and see if you can see her on the nest.
And more tulips - a very pretty flower!
The boys - out seeing the flowers.
The waterfalls are really pretty too. Here is a nice family picture of all of us.
Sam Alert: Howdy all - so I heard there's an old cliche . . . . don't cry over spilled milk. Well I didn't cry, but I sure had to clean it up!
Here I am at the gardens - catching a ride on daddy's shoulders. What a way to travel . . . and stay warm!
And a picture of me in the bubble bath last night. Ahh bubbles! Gotta love 'em!

One of the really cool things this year was a nesting Canadian Goose. You can see her sitting on her nest in the photo on the left. Then look hard at the photo on the right - can you see her?
And just one cliff over there was a nesting owl with two little owlets. It was too cold and windy for the little guys to be out but you can see mom on the nest keeping them warm. Again - look at the photo on the right and see if you can see her on the nest.
And more tulips - a very pretty flower!
The boys - out seeing the flowers.
1 comment:
As always, the kids are adorable and growing up! Such pretty pictures. I love tulips. Maybe one day I'll go see them!!!
Keep having fun!!! I enjoy reading about your fun!
Post a Comment