Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

We've been waiting and waiting and the big day is finally here. Our Easter fun actually started a few weeks ago when mommy got out the Easter decorations. She has a set of pretend eggs that we've been hiding all around the house and practicing our hunting skills on. We're excellent egg finders! Then when we got back from our trip a few days ago there were some boxes waiting for us - some Easter chocolates from Uncle Carl and Aunt Francine, Bug Catchers from Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Michael, and a bubble maker from Grandpa and Grandma G.

Then yesterday Aunt Cindy dropped by to bring us an Easter basket full of goodies - we have the best neighbors!And then last night we colored our Easter eggs. Here we are with daddy getting started . . . and pretending to be Easter bunnies.If the little wire egg holders aren't working for you . . . feel free to use your hands to get right in the dye!This morning we woke up to a table full of Easter fun - the Easter bunny left us lots of fun treats along with new Tonka trucks for our sandbox. He also left me a new Thomas Easter train. I love it!Sam loved the Easter candy most of all - that boy has quite the sweet tooth!It snowed overnight and so there was no playing outside with our new trucks today. But the snow was really great for discovering the Easter bunny's foot prints to our house. Can you see them in the snow?
Here we are playing trucks in the house. We had to practice our driving skills - and more importantly our stopping skills to make sure we didn't crash into the furniture.
The Easter bunny also left us some new books - little boys can never have enough books!This afternoon Grandpa and Grandma L. stopped over for a visit and brought us more Easter treats. We are very spoiled - but we love it!
And finally we ended the day with an excellent Easter dinner. My most favorite part of the day was getting my new Easter train - thank you everyone and thank you Easter bunny! Sam Alert: I am truly obsessed with stirring. That's pretty much all I want to do all day long. Here I am mixing some eggs - these are the same eggs we've been hiding and finding for the past few weeks. I'm a great egg finder!And here I am with my new truck. Finally a truck I can call my own - no longer do I have to borrow a truck from my brother. I can't wait to get out to the sandbox and play more with it. The weatherman says to expect good weather next weekend - keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh it looks like you guys have been having so much fun. I love getting out and enjoying things too. We got to go to St. George last week and it was fun out there. Unofrtunately it was too cold for us to go and do a bunch of hiking like you got to do. :) You guys enjoy the weather and make sure your mom and dad take you out lots. :)