A Good Week!
Hi everyone - Sam here. We are just finishing up a good week . . . . no big new fun activities. But we got some good news and spent some time hanging with the family.
As we mentioned last week, I had to have some tests done up at our local children's hospital. The first test was a Sweat Chloride test - they put some medicine on my arms, then some electrodes, and then they wrapped my arms up and collected my sweat. Interesting huh! Here I am with daddy getting the electrodes . . . . a little shock treatment? Hum!
Then I had to sweat lots for 30 minutes so we put my heavy coat on and found a play area at the hospital. They had this super cool police car we played with. I think I NEED one of these at home!
Ok - I did do some pushing as well, but I was having so much fun riding it was hard to give up my turn.
Then we went back to the lab and they cleaned me up and took away my sweaty gauze pads for testing. Then they drew 3 vials of my blood. I didn't flinch or cry at all. Not through any of the tests. The lady said I was a champ!
The GOOD NEWS is that all my tests came back negative . . . and given the problems they were testing me for, that is really good news! So now that all the big, hairy, ugly diseases are off the table, we're going to visit with a doctor to see if I need some growth hormones - or not? The best possible outcome for a little guy who isn't gaining much weight.
By way of other fun activities, my brother and I spent some time together, trying not to bug each other too much. Here we are blowing bubbles in the bathtub. Good times!
We absolutely LOVE helping out in the kitchen - - cooking, cleaning up, whatever. I got to wash the dishes this time. Who doesn't love playing in water?
And we're learning how to load the dishwasher - - not just throwing the dishes in it, but actually putting them where they are supposed to go so they will actually get clean. Who knew there was a method to this?
And I know we've asked about child labor laws before but we've never heard back from anyone. Trash - really? I'm not even 2 years old yet!
Mason and I both love music. We put on a piano concert the other night. It was a beautiful duet!
Thanks for the concern from everybody . . . . all is good and I am feeling lots better. I'm shooting for 6 weeks without getting sick. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!
Mason Alert: Howdy! It's weird having to wait till the end of the blog to talk! But Sam deserved a little blog time this week. I tried hard to be a good big brother this week. Sometimes that is easier than other times! For instance . . . . at the hospital playing with the police car . . . . I thought for sure the car had a flat tire so I changed it for Sam. I didn't even make him get out of the car.
It snowed a little bit on Friday this week. Not enough to go sledding, but definitely enough to play in. Daddy dunked me in the snow! I guess my hair needed washing.
And there was definitely enough snow for a snowball fight! We are armed and ready. Can you see the picture that daddy made in the snow for us?
Here's to another great week!
2 comments:
Phew...Good thing you guys put up a picture of the picture you Dad drew in the snow. I was worried he made it with Yellow snow
So glad to hear that Sam is healthy. Maybe he will just be a little man. Nothing wrong with that right? Looks like you had a fun week. After the testing of course.
Post a Comment