Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Sad but Happy Week

Howdy everyone - lots going on this last week. Our great-grandma G. passed away and so we had lots of family and friends around. It was sad that we won't get to spend more time with her, but fun to have everyone here.
Before everyone came in to town - - we had a few adventures . . .
Our naughty gnomes are still at it - they've been working on trying to make off with daddy's super big pumpkin but they just aren't strong enough. You can see all the effort they went to to try to get that pumpkin - ropes, shovels, work trucks . . . . silly gnomes!

Here is another picture of us reading with daddy. This is something we do every night and it is a time of the day we love!

And here we are making some dessert in preparation for everyone to come to our house. Cousin Joanne's birthday happened while they were here so we made a birthday cake for her. Of course, Sam and I helped with the official "licking of the beaters". Looks like we liked chocolate cake batter, doesn't it!

Our cousins Emma and Kody were here and made the events a little more fun for us in the younger crowd. Here is a picture of me and Kody and Emma at great-grandma's viewing.

Here are Sam and Emma at the cemetary.

Uncle Carl flew up and gave me a spot for a good view at the graveside service.

And aunt Jen Jen flew up too. She got to spend a night with us and I got some "alone time" with her to play - just us!

Grandpa and Grandma G. were here too of course. Here I am with Grandpa.

And I had a little puppet-singing time with Grandma.

Here Emma and I are playing a concert for everyone . . . . talk about "beautiful music"!

Kody and I played freeze tag before they left this morning.

And here is a picture of me with Great-Grandma G. when I was about 18 months old. And this is me with mommy, Grandpa G. and Great-Grandma G. this last January. She was my last living Great-Grandparent. Sam Alert: Hey everyone - it sure has been fun having everyone around this week, even for a sad occasion. Here is a quick picture of me with daddy. We hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Sorry to hear about the loss, but it looks like everyone had fun being together. I love how hard those gnomes tried to get that pumpkin.