Ahhh - Fall!
Nothing says fall more than:
1. Pumpkins! We made our annual trip to our favorite pumpkin patch on Monday afternoon. We've been going here since I was a baby. It is always so much fun to wander through the fields and pick the very best pumpkin in the patch. Then we say hi to the horses and triple check our pumpkins one more time before we load them up and head for home.
Hint - take the wagon out through the field. Not only can you catch a ride, but then you don't have to carry the pumpkins the whole way.
Hint - take daddy with you so he can carry the really really big pumpkins over to the wagon. Photo op - can you find Sam? He is wearing a bright orange shirt.
Pumpkins are definately heavier than they look!
Here's Sam taking a break on the pumpkin search.
What happens when you bring home a bunch of pumpkins and you already have gnomes living in your yard? The gnomes are very curious and it ends up that they like pumpkin pie! They found some rope and have tried to drag everyone's pumpkins away!
2. T-Ball! This fall sports classic is perfect for our fall weather. Here are pictures of both Sam and I taking some batting practice.
3. Working in the yard! Ok yardwork seems to be a year-round event at our house. But in the fall we rake leaves, clean up the yard, and get everything ready for winter. Here I am with Sam taking in the garbage cans.
4. Decorating for Halloween! We sure have had fun decorating the house (both inside and outside) for Halloween. Holidays are really fun! Here we are helping dad "plant" headstones in our yard.
Other random photos from this week:Sam has learned how to get in to the dog food container. He likes to open it up and pull out some nuggets to give to Copper. The container is nearly as tall as he is so it will be fun to see how he digs out the food when it is close to the bottom of the barrel!
And here he is giving Copper the nuggets. I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again) . . . this kid isn't afraid of anything - even a big dog with sharp teeth.
We managed as usual to fit in some play time with the work. Here I am swinging on my swings.
Sam and I having a little lunch out on the picnic table on Saturday afternoon.
Me teaching Sam how to ride the 4 wheeler. Hang on Sam - I haven't actually gotten my drivers license yet!
And here he is giving Copper the nuggets. I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again) . . . this kid isn't afraid of anything - even a big dog with sharp teeth.
We managed as usual to fit in some play time with the work. Here I am swinging on my swings.
Sam and I having a little lunch out on the picnic table on Saturday afternoon.
Me teaching Sam how to ride the 4 wheeler. Hang on Sam - I haven't actually gotten my drivers license yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment