Sunday, September 06, 2009

Lazy Labor-less Days
So it is the infamous Labor Day weekend and we certainly aren't laboring much. All of the boys at our house are fighting colds and my fight isn't going very well. The doctor is worried about my pneumonia coming back and so I'm on more antibiotics. Ugh - will this ever go away? Here is a picture of Sam and daddy during our lazy weekend.

Sam and I did a fun craft this week - decorating dinosaurs. Here is Sam "glittering up" his dino. And here is a picture of me working on my dino. The concentration involved is astounding!We played in the sprinklers again this week. It's a good thing the front lawn needs some extra watering! Here is an action shot with me and the sprinkler!And what says "summer day" more than eating popsicles without shirts on?And for our loyal readers - do you know what comes after eating popsicles? Bath time! Here's Sam playing in the tub.Lazy days also involve playing in the yard. Sam loves to do anything that has to do with walking and so Soccer is our game of the month. Here we are playing soccer again. And somehow after a game of soccer we end up wrestling. How is it that I always seem to end up on the bottom? No fair!!! I think daddy is involved in some way or another.

Another fun thing we did during our lazy weekend was try on our Halloween costumes for this fall. Here is a sneak peek . . . .

And a sneak peek of Sam . . .

Everything fits just right - you'll have to check back at the end of next month to see the full costumes. We're scary though! After trying on costumes I decided to play in my pirate costume - argh mateys! Ahhhhh, here's to lazy days!Sam Alert: Howdy everyone . . . Sam here. So life is good except for a nagging cough and a very runny nose. We're just hanging out enjoying the family. This is a picture of me playing with some of my favorite things - pots and pans and balls. Toy stores are full of fun things that cost money but you just can't beat pans and balls!And here is a picture that mommy says she was just waiting to capture. I have a true obsession with the dog's water dish and I LOVE to play in the water it always seems to hold. Fortunately we were outside and mommy didn't care if I dumped all the water out. Ahhhh - heres to more lazy, wet days!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Good for you for taking it easy this weekend. It looks like you are keeping busy though. :) I love how much you guys like playing in the water. LOL Fun times!

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Halloween is coming. I remember when both my boys loved being pirates. Your boys look very cute. We will be by for trick or treat time.

Heather said...

What, no dalmatian or cow costume this year?!?! Jack gets to be the same thing he was last year since his costume still fits. Yeah, I'm no fun!!!