Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Last Weekend of Summer
How did it get to be the very last weekend of summer already? That went by much too quickly!
Here is a picture of "the boys" reading books before bedtime. Daddy is a super great reader - he uses funny voices and can really tell a good story! We love it when it's his turn to read to us.
We've had great weather recently - certainly warm enough to be outside playing. Mommy and daddy had some house/yard/garage jobs to do on Saturday so we worked hard. But every so often we would take a break to play. Can boys ever get tired of playing with bubbles? I say "NO way"!
My T-ball skills have really improved lately. I was hitting the ball every time and some of my hits were definately home runs! Ok - at least second base, but really far out there. Trust me! Check out my hitting stance.And look at these action shots - a swing and a hit!And another swing and hit! Look out LA Dodgers . . . here I come!Mommy found this cool "Koosh-ball" game as we were cleaning out the garage. It takes a lot of concentration to play this game - just look at the concentration on my face! Oh - - and a little something extra for you . . . check out my little brother in the background. I keep saying that he's quite the climber. He's always climbing on something or other!I finally earned some extra tracks for my trains. Daddy helped me build a super great train track for all my trains and playsets around my bedroom. And then daddy got creative with the camera. Here is a cool picture of me playing with my trains.And finally - daddy and I had a "campout" downstairs on my pirate ship last night. (Use your imaginations people!) We play pirates a lot - I am the Pirate Captain (mommy calls me Captain Crunch). Dad is the First Matey and Sam is Swabby Sam. Mom is Cookie - more specifically, my term of endearment is Cookie Dough. Imaginations are great things!Sam Alert: Hey everybody! I hope the warm weather never ends. I love being outside and doing new things. Who invented bubbles? What a great thing bubbles are!
Sometimes it's nice to just to have a little quiet time - reading and rocking all by yourself. Ain't nothing better!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Aaarrrr matey! I love pirate time. We had cowboy time today, and that was fun too. Nothing like ridin' out West and drinking a nice cold root beer. Those are some mighty fine baseball skills! Keep it up.

Mary Wenner said...

You sure have a lot of fun at your house.

I love that pic of Masons face in the middle of choo choo train tunnel.

I hate it when summer ends too.

I know one day you will be home with your boys 24/7 but until then. Summers just arn't long enough.

Heather said...

So, I doubt I'll ever show Jack your blog. He'll probably wonder why his house is so boring!

I can't believe how big they are getting! Why do kids have to grow up so fast! No fair!