We enjoyed our nice long holiday weekend last weekend. Mom and I enjoyed some time at Swiss Days on Friday night. Then all of us got up on Saturday morning and drove up to Kemmerer, WY. We went to the fish fossil quarry and spent the day digging up fish fossils.
It was soooooo much fun!
Here's Sam doing some rock cracking.
Here's me and dad working on some rocks of our own. It was a windy day - but good weather and not too cold.
We came home with two big boxes of fossils - some smaller pieces and some really nice whole fossils too. That pile of slabs under us was pretty much split by just us.
Our arms sure were sore the next day - but what fun we had!
One more picture of Sam - he was a very hard worker.
We made the rounds of yummy ethnic food over the last two weeks too. First up - an evening at our favorite Greek restaurant. It is Greek festival time - and we've learned that instead of standing in the long lines at the actual festival, we just head up to our favorite Greek restaurant and order our favorites. A yummy dinner was had by all of us!
Then it was sushi night - our waitress made up these "kid friendly chopsticks" for us - and we were in heaven. Sam and I have tried to use chopsticks before but never had much luck. These were perfect - super easy to use and handy too.
Who would have thought that I would turn in to a sushi lover? And yes, I do actually love it!
Dad and I had a contest during dinner - I think I lost. Let's see if you can guess what the contest was based on this famous line from a very famous movie.
"DO NOT EAT THE PISTACHIO ICE CREAM!!!!"
Did you guess it - we had a wasabi eating contest - I gave it my best, but wasabi is deceptively hot and spicy! I don't think dad even put his bite in his mouth - he just waited for me to do it to see my reaction. And for those of you playing along - the famous movie is Cars 2.
And then, this weekend, I turned into a semi-grown adult! Technology has officially arrived in my life. I've always played on iPads, phones, computers, and any technology I could get my hands on. But now, my friends all have technology and we've "connected". I officially now send text messages and face time with my friends. I even play virtual games with them. I can smell teenage-hood right around the corner!
Sam decided he had to get in on the technology action too. His friends aren't quite this sophisticated yet - so he got busy texting and face timing with Aunt Jen Jen. She is always fun to talk to.
Oh - how quickly we grow up!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. Dad and I spent some quality time playing games this weekend. Then he threw me up into this fireman's carry.
What a way to ride! Ok - Sam out - - see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment