Sunday, August 16, 2015

More Traveling

We made another couple of trips right after we got home from our Arizona vacation . . . this time for a funeral.  Our Grandma passed away and we were able to go to California for her funeral and then Wyoming for her burial.  

Of course, no trip to California is ever complete without a visit to our favorite fresh fish market.  

We always get our picture taken with the friendly sharks at the market.


And here we are with Uncle Michael and Aunt Jen Jen.  It was a yummy dinner!

The funeral was very nice.  Sam and I sang a song.  Mom and Uncle Carl spoke.  Here they all are together. 

We got to meet one of our mom's very best friends - Elizabeth.  

And we made some new friends of our own.  Our cousins Emma and Kody were there and our new friends are Gregory and Bethany.  We had sooooo much fun playing with them!

And here we are with Grandpa G.  
We all sure miss Grandma!

On our airplane flight home, Sam got "double straws" in his drink.  He thought that was really cool!

I quite enjoy flying - as long as I have the air blowing right on my face, I don't get airsick.  

Then I went to Cub Scout Camp - it was really fun!  Here I am (in the NY hat) doing a weather experiment.  

And I learned to tie some knots.

At the end, we built boats to float down the creek.  

Then we drove up to Star Valley, WY.  We got to walk up to our Great Great Grandparent's home.  It really is weathered and run down, but it was really neat to see it and walk around the place.

Then we had the graveside service - Sam and I got to sing again - with our cousins.

And as usual, whenever we are at the cemetery there, we get to drive.  I get to steer and use the pedals.

Sam only gets to steer - but he's all about driving in the ditch and heading towards the hay stacks.  Fortunately dad had a spare finger on the wheel to help with some small corrections.

And after all that, I have to say, it's nice to be home for awhile. 

Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Here I am just hanging out at the lunch after the funeral.  

And here I am at Cub Scout Camp - I was daddy's helper.  Dad taught a class on plant and animal identification.  But next year, I will be a Cub Scout.  I can't wait!

Ok - Sam out - - - one more week before school starts.  We're planning to pack in as much fun as possible.  

No comments: