We've had a good few weeks. We're playing catch-up again, so hold on!
First up, my recent cub scout pack meeting. We had a Cub-anapolis 500. Scout power cardboard box cars. It was so much fun. You can see me right there in the middle with the dark blue car.
Here I am at one of the pit stops. Dad and Sam were my pit crew. This is the "changing of the tires". They had to take my shoes and socks off, switch my socks to the other feet, and then get my shoes back on. On the other pit stops, they had to clean my windshield and I had to refuel.
I came in 2nd place for my den. And I got a certificate for "most artistic" car.
We finished up our Read-A-Thon at school. Both Sam and I worked really hard and read . . . a lot!
Here I am reading one afternoon - please don't disturb me!
I ended up winning first place . . . for the ENTIRE SCHOOL.
I do think it's important to note, for the official record, that my school goes all the way up to 8th grade. So that means I read more than every other kid in the whole school, from kindergarten to 8th grade. That's a lot of kids. I was very proud of myself!
Sam came in 2nd for 1st grade. He worked hard too. Good job Sam.
Here was how we spent about 45 minutes on Saturday. Hunkered down in mom's car . . . waiting for dad. He was in the bank and we were hanging out (waiting) listening to some Harry Potter.
We also got some good quality time with dad on Saturday. We went to the Kid's Workshop at the local home store and made some super cool bookends.
Here's Sam working away.
We hammered, we painted, we glued . . . we had fun!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - Sam here. Mason got to go to a fun, fun birthday party on Saturday afternoon - and I got stuck with the parents. We went out to lunch - I was still a little bummed about not getting to go to a party.
I cheered up a bit as lunch went a long. Hanging with the parents wasn't too awful after all.
Oh - and enjoy another picture of me from the week. Yes, thank you - I know I'm cute!
Sam out - have a great one!




No comments:
Post a Comment