Well if summer has to be over, at least it gets to be October! We LOVE October - so many fun things to do and look forward to.
We had a sushi dinner the other night - we're officially sushi lovers now. I've even broken out and discovered new forms of sushi that I love.
The weather was much more cooperative this week and so we got back in to soccer mode.
Sam had a great game - he was Mr. Aggressive and got right in there and fought for the ball.
He isn't afraid to get in there and go after the ball.
Go Sam Go!
Sam's game was early, early, early. It was still mighty cold - I went to warm up in the sunshine and put on every coat I could find.
One last picture - Sam is fighting for the ball. Good job Sam!
My game was later in the afternoon - much warmer.
I had a good game too. I got to be defense most of the game - still my favorite. But I got right in there and went after the ball. I even blocked some goal attempts when our goalie wasn't watching.
Here I am with a throw in.
And one more picture - fighting for that ball.
In between soccer games we got to go to the Pumpkin Patch. We've been visiting this pumpkin patch since I was a little tiny boy.
It is a local farmer and they grown so many different kinds of pumpkins - it's amazing!
We took our time going through all the patches - trying to decide which pumpkins were just right for us. Sam decided to look at one that was almost as big as he is.
Lift with your legs not your back Sam!
I did some heavy lifting too.
Grandma L and 3 of our cousins met us there. We had a great time picking pumpkins!
Here I am with dad - conversing about pumpkin options and designs.
Here's Grandma L with Daphne, Lucas, and Grace.
Here I am hauling our pumpkins back to the farm house.
This pumpkin patch is just east of the Jordan River Temple and it always makes for such a great backdrop.
Here's everyone on the long walk back.
Sam and me - hanging with the pumpkins.
Sam and the pumpkins.
We all climbed up on top of the hay for a quick picture. What a great way to spend a day!
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - We've been counting the days until October started. And going to the pumpkin patch was one of the things we've been looking most forward to.
I found this cute little baby pumpkin. Perfect!
And here I am dreaming about Christmas - mom got this cool catalog in the mail and Mason and I have been pouring over it.
OK - Sam out - have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment