I got to go to Cub Scout camp this week and boy was it fun! I had the best time ever!
I'll walk you through some of the great things we got to do.
The first day was Galaxy Quest - space stuff.
We made rockets and launched them.
We went on a hike and then learned about teamwork by pulling up some logs by working together.
We did an obstacle course - here I am getting on the rope swing.
And here I am up on top of the ladder answering questions from my squadron leader.
We learned about the solar system.
And we got to do archery.
The second day was Fort Cub Frontier. We got to do another obstacle course. This ladder was the hardest part!
And here I am jumping off the tires.
We learned about Native Americans.
We shot BB guns.
We learned all about the American flag. In fact, they even retired an old flag at the end of the day by burning it. That was neat to see.
We panned for gold and got to take a little piece home.
And we played old west games like Stick.
I made lots of new friends and loved it!!! I can't wait until next year.
In other news, Saturday night was the Super Moon. The moon was incredibly bright and full and it was at its closest point to earth in its orbit.
Sam Alert: Hey everyone - in case you didn't know, it can be difficult being the younger brother. I didn't get to go to scout camp this year but after hearing all about it and seeing all the pictures, I definitely can't wait to go in 2 years. Mason was kind enough to bring me home a surprise from the camp's general store - a little duck ball.
And I'm loving reading these days! I crawled into bed with dad this morning to read to him and Mason soon joined us. My favorite book series right now are the A-Z Mysteries. Love them!
Sam out - have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment