Sunday, June 10, 2012

Endings and Beginnings

A whole year of school is officially over already!  How did that go by so quickly?  Here is a side-by-side comparison of us from August to this last week - look how we've grown.

And it's not just that we've grown in size - we've grown in "smarts" a lot too!  I got a special award this year - an Academic Achievement and Good Comportment (like good citizenship) award AND a $500 scholarship.  That's me - fourth from the right. 

Mom and dad keep saying "Let's hope this is the first of many scholarships to come". I think it was super cool and I was really proud of myself.

Our first big trip after school was out was to the Library.  We are joining some local reading programs for the summer.  And we checked out a big bag full of books to get us started.  We were so excited the we both wanted to read on the way home.

 It's going to be a great summer!  We have lots of fun things planned and lots of things to do to keep our brains going.  Here I am working on an art project.  Oh how I love art!  Oh how we love summer - even though I was pretty sad for school to be over!

 Sam Alert:  Hey everyone - Sam here.  I was both sad and excited for school to end.  I will definitely miss my friends and my teachers, but I'm loving the endless play times that summer allows as well.  I ended up being the top student in my whole class this year - if preschool had a valedictorian that would be me. 
 Have a great week everybody!

No comments: