Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!
Another Thanksgiving has just passed us by. And oh what a Thanksgiving it was! But before we get to being thankful for yummy food and good company - let's take a look at our week.

Here's Sam watching one of his favorite Little Einstein's episodes - the Golden Pyramid. The Nile Crocodile is chasing them and Sam just couldn't bear to watch.

We've had our fair share of snow already this season. And we lived through the "Blizzard of 2010". It was cold, but not too much snow.
Here's Sam sporting daddy's snow boots. Those boots are almost as tall as he is!
And now to Thanksgiving Day. Uncle Noley & Aunt Christy came over to have dinner with us. It was a super yummy dinner with all of favorite Thanksgiving foods. We ate until we couldn't eat any more - and then we added a piece of pumpkin pie . . . with some of that tasty whipped cream on top!
Everyone got in on the whipped cream action - straight in to the mouth.
We got in a good wrestling match with Uncle Noley. We also got to skype with our family in California that evening. A great day!
Sam and I have been enjoying a few days at home. We've been playing and playing and playing. Here I am giving Sam a ride in the truck. Who says you can't drive until you're 16? Sam hasn't been much of a napper lately, but he jumped on the chance to take a nap in my bed. He did so good - he stayed in the bed for the entire nap time and never let his feet touch the floor . . . . that's the rule for sleeping in a big boy bed at our house!We started decorating for Christmas this weekend. We'll be decorating in stages this year. We already put up the lights before all the snow storms started (while it was still nice and warm) so that's all done. We put out some things but most of our decorations are up high and we have to wait for daddy to have time to help us get those boxes down. We've also started our Christmas crafts. Here we are with our trees.And then - there's always more snow. We woke up to another snow storm today and got to go out and help daddy shovel. Here we are doing our front walk. Mommy says the good news here is that I actually really understand the whole snow shoveling thing this year. I scoop and lift and dump perfectly! The parents seem incredibly excited about this new understanding of mine - I wonder why?We helped out our neighbors with their shoveling. That's what good neighbors do!Sam Alert: Howdy y'all. Sam here. Daddy and mommy say that they've noticed such a change in me the last little while. They say I'm really growing up - my vocabulary (isn't that a big word!) has increased dramatically (another big word) literally over night. I'm making all kinds of connections about the real world. Mommy's favorite thing that I said this week: "Look - Santa. Ho, Ho, Ho!" Enjoy a couple of Sam pictures from the week. First up - my new favorite thing. Riding around in the back of my truck!And here I am this morning - waiting for daddy to shut the snow blower down so I could go out and shovel snow. The blower is super noisy and I didn't want to get very close.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my goodness! How much fun you are all having. :) Looks like you definately keep your parents busy. LOL Glad to hear that things are going so well. Have a great holiday season!

Kat said...

Happy late Birthday Thalea! I hope you had a blast!