Monday, July 05, 2010

Ah - Summer Time!

It's finally summer and we're trying to enjoy every minute of it . . . it always goes by so fast. It was, of course, a nice long weekend. We enjoyed celebrating Independence Day (multiple times) and getting away to the mountains.

First we spent a little time with our neighbors at our traditional 4th of July block party (this year held on the 3rd). We had a yummy breakfast and then the zip line was put up. This is my first summer being big enough to ride the zip line. I loved it!

Then we headed up to Uncle Noley's cabin to spend a few days. We like to call it "quality time in the mountains". We drove part-way down the mountain to watch the fireworks across the Park City valley. Thank goodness for sunroofs!Sam spent some quality time . . . stirring!
And cooking . . . . two of his most favorite things.And we both did a lot of dishes . . . mommy says she hopes that we ALWAYS are so excited about helping to clean and do chores!We did some hiking. This doe wanted to play hide-and-seek with us. She sure was a cute little thing! She had a fawn nearby and wasn't too happy with us getting so close.It was an absolutely beautiful weekend . . . . a little nip in the air which made it completely perfect! Check out the clear blue skies.I picked some wildflowers for mommy. Aren't they pretty?Then we drove in to Park City on Sunday night to watch the fireworks up close and personal. They were great!We fed the hummingbirds. We checked out the remnants of the robin's nest from the rafters of the porch.
And we had a super great time playing with our marshmallow shooters - we were getting almost as good as daddy blowing marshmallows across the yard. Here I am shooting marshmallows at the moose crossing sign.And at the raccoon crossing sign. If you look closely in both pictures you can see the tiny marshmallow flying through the sky.
Prior to this last weekend, mommy was away for 9 days in China - you know that huge country clear around on the other side of the earth. She loved it and had a great time. She has promised to take me there when I'm old enough to stand the 13 hour plane ride to get there. I can't wait! Here she is climbing the Great Wall of China.
While mommy was gone, Aunt Ludaun, Uncle Randy, Bart, Aunt Cindy, and Uncle Sandy had a birthday party for me. It was a wet one! We had a big water fight and played in the swimming pool - I loved it! My friend Easton came over and played too.
They're the best neighbors ever! Thanks everyone!Sam Alert: Hey there, Hi there, Ho there! I'm having a bunch of new tests run to see why I'm such a little guy and we should get the first round of results back this week. Gotta get all the serious stuff out of the way first. I'm sure it will be just fine! Enjoy a few pictures of me from this week.
Here I am with my marshmallow shooter - this is the greatest toy!
And here I am hanging around the house snackin'. Have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I want to see more pictures from China! Surely the one on the Great Wall wasn't the only one!!!

Kat said...

Those looks like some really fun times! It looks like you totally LOVED the zipline. :) I can't believe that your mom got to go to China! Lucky her! I love the picture from the Great Wall. So glad you are all having fun!