Sunday, June 13, 2010

School Days and Wrestling

We know you're asking . . . what do these two things have in common? We'll we can enlighten you!

First of all - since it is now officially summer, the parents have decided that Sam and I must enroll in preschool. Of course since our parents are both teachers, they think they know best . . . and so we are "home-preschooling" this summer. Actually we are quite enjoying it and already learning a lot. Daddy and mommy take turns teaching us. In fact, I said to mommy the other day . . . "Mommy let's pretend you are a teacher - no a really good teacher". She tried to tell me something about a whole bunch of plaques hanging up in the office downstairs that has something to do with her and daddy both actually being a really good teachers, but I didn't buy it! We're pretending that they are both good teachers. Here I am practicing holding my writing utensil the correct way.

On Fridays our lessons revolve around a letter of the day - of course our first letter was "M". Our last lesson of each day is some sort of art project. We made letters out of mini marshmallows. Sam wanted to do an "S" and buck the letter of the day. But these proud works of art are now hanging in our bedrooms! A boy and his blocks!We decided that Sam hasn't spent as much time wrestling with daddy as I have through the years. We've been trying to catch him up and he's loving it! He really is laughing like crazy in this picture.
Of course I have to get in on the action too!And the wrestling continues . . . . Enjoy your week everybody!Sam Alert: Howdy y'all - two quick pictures of me and a couple of my favorite things.
Balls . . . . I just can't get enough of playing with balls. A little boy's delight!
And music . . . I really do love music - playing it, singing it, and dancing it. Here I am playing the piano and dancing at the same time. You try it!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love all your pictures and your blog. Seriously, you guys have TONS of fun. :) Glad to see that you have your gnome friends back. And the school thing is awesome. :)