Sunday, August 09, 2009

Pancakes, Fishing, Weddings, and Cabins!
And so I'm sure you're wondering . . . . what do all these things have in common? They are some of the things we did this week.
First - mommy got a new pancake pan - - it makes animal pancakes. Here is a batch we made for breakfast the other morning.
Here are the boys enjoying their animal pancakes with some of mommy's yummy buttermilk syrup.While we didn't get to do some real fishing this week, I did take some time one afternoon to pretend fish off the back of my horse, Brownie. This is what my shirt says . . . we picked it up while we were on vacation last week. I don't mind shopping with mommy, but fishing is always better!We went to our cousin Josh's wedding dinner on Friday night. Of course, the (cup)cakes were a big hit with me!We wandered around the area after the dinner was over. Here we are by the pond with the ducks. Sam wanted to jump in and play with them.We spent Saturday up at the cabin. It was so nice to get away and the weather was perfect! Here I am with Uncle Noley and Aunt Christie having our traditional snack of apples and carmel dip.Sam is very mobile these days and loves to climb . . . here he is climbing up in the window at the cabin. He was very proud of himself.We went on a couple of hikes while we were there. I caught a ride on daddy's shoulders back down the hill on this hike.We found lots of interesting things to look at on our hike - - a red ant hill (which daddy played in until they were super mad - he reached in and grabbed out some ant eggs to feel. He said their bites are like little pinches), deer & elk & moose droppings, and the down from a baby bird.This is a picture of Sam doing what he loves . . . throwing rocks. We have the exact same picture of me when I was about this age doing the exact same thing in the exact same spot. We found an old Spirograph set and enjoyed ourselves making cool pictures. Mommy says the 70's were a great decade!Here we are at the end of a second hike. I ran all the way up the road up to the cabin. Let's just say I left the "old guys" in the dust! You can just barely see them way back down on the road behind me. Boy was I thirsty when I made it back to the cabin.Sam Alert: Oh the lazy days of summer! I love just laying around reading the newspaper (and no this isn't a posed picture).I LOVE being outside!I love doing "big boy" things . . . anything my big brother does . . . and I love using crayons and pens (even if I do hold them upside down once in awhile)!
Hope you all have a great week!
Sam out!

1 comment:

Heather said...

They have great taste in toys! Spirographs were one of my favorites too!