Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is "Vacation" a Place?
We finally got a chance to take a family vacation - - I thought vacation was a place, but I was told that the place was Island Park and that vacation was the time we spent together. Huh? Anyway - it was fun!
Island Park was definately snowy and cold this year. Dad made me stand on this pile of snow - and it wasn't even the biggest one!
Here are some of the fun activities we did - swimming (of course!), an Easter Egg hunt (apparently the Easter bunny came to Island Park a week later than he came to our house - and he must be able to ride a snowmobile!), and playing together in the condo.
Nobody at daycare believed that I high-fived a Grizzly Bear! Here is the real, untouched photo!
Here are some pictures from the West Yellowstone Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery Center. The Polar Bear is my favorite (I'm roaring while daddy took the picture). We found a Vol near our condo - the bottom right corner. He was cool - but much, much smaller than a Grizzly!This is a picture of me and daddy wrestling! I'm the cute one!
Let me out of here! Honest, I'm not a real bear! Who leaves a perfectly good sandwich inside a bear trap anyway?
Now this is a BEAR!
I tried to play outside, but my legs weren't long enough! Not even mommy could hike to the playground!
When will it stop snowing? (It took 4 people from the resort to dig out the car as well as a path from the condo to the car so we could leave.)
This is what daddy had to do when we got home. We went from huge snowbanks and a 3 day snow storm to mowing our lawn in the sunshine! CRAZY! And yes, daddy is so old that I have to help push him along! Ohh - I hope he didn't eat beans for dinner last night!
Sam Alert: It was a great vacation - Just nice to be away with the family (except for the never ending teething process!) This is a picture of me feeling a real bear skin. It wasn't as soft as I thought it would be. Daddy bought me my own "Little Griz" to bring home - he's my new best friend! Now I have my own teddy bear like Mason.
This is me swinging in the backyard. It's nice to be back in the warm weather and sunshine. But the phone sure rings alot here - can we take the phone and bury it back in the snow in Island Park?

3 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like you had a blast on your family vacation. I can't believe how much snow there was! I love all the pictures though. Way to go high fiving a bear. LOL :)

Heather said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun! Last week Dean's sister and her family were at that West Yellowstone wolf and bear place. Maybe you saw each other! LOL!!!

Finding Joy in the Moments said...

Island park. we have been trying to go there for years. We will keep trying. Looks like the boys like the bears. Stratty thinks bears are his friend. I am not sure what to think of that but one day he will understand I imagine.